• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link exchange in seo ..?

Hello everyone,

Please tell me,What is link exchange in seo ..?

Link exchange is the process of exchanging links with other related websites with the objective of getting related traffic and pagerank.

Im sure youve heard this before link exchange. Ever had an email asking you to exchange links with them Giving you the You scratch my back, I scratch yours kind of a deal?

Just make sure you dont do more scratching than theyre giving you.

Swap Juice?

Link exchange has been a practice in the internet ever since. And it is a good practice too if you do it right. Link exchange has a potential to positively impact site traffic and improve business relations.

I give you a link, you reciprocate, everyones happy, right? If only it were as easy as that.

Why you shouldnt vouch for link exchange

There are a lot of factors why you shouldnt really consider link exchange. Here are some of my personal reasons:

Their website is unrelated to my site niche. Theyre asking for a link to Their kitchen utensils site and my site is about SEO. Hmmm Lemme think Hell no.
Their website is crap. No valuable information. It looks like it was made just for being used as a third wheel for a 3-way link exchange request.
Their website has lots of outbound links because they have exchanged links with a lot of people while my site has only a few meaning my links are highly valuable and theirs is a commodity.
Their website is new. No PR, no alexa presence, no compete presence trash.
They give out nofollow links. Who the heck do they think theyre trying to exchange with?
Their website is horribly designed. Bad navigation. Disaligned divs. Horrible and unprofessional. No thanks.
Link exchange requests via e-mail are spammy, impersonal and down-right annoying. It starts with dear webmaster and it doesnt even mention your websites name even once. Screw them.
There are a lot of other reasons why you shouldnt do link exchange. But there are also some RARE CASES when you SHOULD consider it.

Their website can give you a lot of traffic
They have a good archive of information that is related to your website topic/niche
They are not in competition with your website
They are a high quality website
They appear in search results with the same (or approximately similar) keywords as yours
Link exchange helps but one-way links are the best. Exchanged links give a lot less link juice compared to one-way. I personally think its better to improve your site content and user-friendliness in order to get one-way links rather than investing your time asking around for link exchanges. Its simply not worth it.

Link exchange has been a practice in the internet ever since. And it is a good practice too if you do it right. Link exchange has a potential to positively impact site traffic and improve business relations.

If we exchange links, does Google penalize my site? Would the incoming link be better for SEO if I'm not linking back to the other site? ALSO.

Link exchange is a technique of Off page seo in the link exchange two webmaster joint links with other websites. That's is also called Reciprocal link.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Link Building? swlocums 4 366 05-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: bella
  what is link exchange m2soft 11 1,155 10-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Last Post: dyhair77
  Step of link exchange process? swatijain2233 3 878 10-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: william203

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon